About THE ARTIST
Kim Naylor was born and raised in Prince Rupert on the north coast of British Columbia. Her maternal grandfather was a fisherman for over 40 years and collected glass fishing floats. Kim inherited her fascination with the precious spheres from him. Keeping Afloat began with the repair of one of her grandfather's floats over 24 years ago and the rest, as they say, is history. Mostly self taught, her work is always evolving and although it is a bit of a cliche to say the artist's work is ocean inspired, in this case it truly is. Kim now lives on Vancouver Island and is never far from a beach.
KEEPING AFLOAT can be found at the following shops and galleries on Vancouver Island.
- Artina's - Victoria B.C.
- Artzi Stuff - Nanaimo B.C.
- Bamfield General Store - Bamfield B.C.
- Comox Valley Art Gallery Gift Shop - Courtenay B.C.
- Radway Studio and Boutique - Cowichan Bay B.C.
- Reflecting Spirit Gallery - Ucluelet B.C.
- Saratoga Gifts - Campbell River
- Salish Sea Market - Bowser B.C.
- Soak Essentials - Parksville B.C.
- Solomon Rose - Galiano Island B.C.
- Tigh Na Mara Gift Shop - Parksville, B.C.
Keeping Afloat would be happy to fill a wholesale order for you. Please get in touch and I will respond quickly. Thank you for your interest.